20090528

shockalingam me!!

Was doing some retail therapy this afternoon when the phone rang. A quick glance on the mobile, couldn't recognize the number but took the call anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hi Jane"

"Who is this?"

"(says name)"

"Sorry, who?"

"(says name again)"

"Oh, shit!!"

"(laughs)..So how's the new job going??"

(makes mental note to fire evil twin or sexy lexy but I know they wouldn't be the ones)
"What? New job? What?"

"Oh, a little bird told me..."

"Don't believe everything the dumb bird tells you"

"No lah, I saw you driving one morning. Quite early & you were all dressed up. So I figured you must have been on your way to work... So the honeymoon period is over and you finally felt the need to work?"

"Well, I wasn't really looking for a job. Just that my ex-boss offered me & I thought I'd give it a shot. So when are you leaving?"

"Oh, you know..."

"Yeah, a bigger bird told me..."

And he goes on to tell me that he's leaving soon and yada yada yada...And we bid the other well before saying goodbye

Shockalingam me!! Why did he call me? To say goodbye ah? Oh well, I am me after all. There is a love-hate relationship. Love to hate me, hate to love me...

As much as I am not too fond of him, him calling me didn't spoil my day. Therapy sessions proved fruitful. Didn't even have to wait to go across the border to add to my genuine collection. Happy happy me.....

5 comments:

catbee said...

he MISSED you!
probably want to offer you a job as his PA in the new outfit! ;)

plain jane said...

*puke puke puke*

how to be a PA to someone selling ramly burgers?

zewt said...

reading catbee's comment changed what i wanted to say.... hmmmm....

plain jane said...

bee this is ALL your fault!!!

zewt - erk???

i'm running; i'm running far far away!!!

zewt said...

LOL!