20090506

power cleaning

The help who used to come is twice a week is on a break - she's due to deliver the fourth child any time now & I have been without help for the past month or so. Before I got myself this part time job, I used to do the house cleaning myself but now I find that I don't have enough hours in a day to do everything that I want to.

So after checking with a friend, I managed to contract a cleaning service. Albeit the fact that they screwed up my appointment ie they were supposed to send someone yesterday at noon, they made up for it by sending someone this morning bright & early at 7.00am. Just as she is coming in, I have to go out to send the daughter off to school. So I tell her what to do while I make a quick dash and back.

Chore one completed, she moves on to the tiring task of vacuuming the place. I ask her if she has used the type of vacuum I have, before. She asks me "Rainbow ah maam? Ya, ya pernah.." I like this girl already. So she goes about doing what she is supposed to do, ocassionally calling out 'maam' to check where things are and such.

And I hear her dragging the couch & see the carpets and mats rolled as she sucks out the unseen from under them. Yes, yes I am liking this one. And as I am posting this mindless rant, she is wiping down all the furnishings including the built-ins.

Now, my other help who has gone on a break is supposed to restart work after she is done with her confinement. I had the thought of terminating her services, oh well I don't have to state my reasons. You know why. But the thing is, her husband just passed away two days back & I know she will need the job and money. But this present one (although it's only day one) is doing a thorough job.

What to do, what to do??

No comments: