20090519

we aren't the brady bunch

I survived the weekend with the MIL at home...kesian ange, tak dapat my koleksi dvd tak halal. Takpe takpe there's always next time.

Last Friday, the hubby had to drive to the east of the country with his mom & his sis to attend a family function. I managed to weasel my way out of attending plus I was working on Friday. So I thought the hubby will be entertained with the yapping sis that should keep him from feeling sleepy throughout the journey.

They were due back on Saturday evening. And Saturday noon, I brought the daughter and friend to celebrate her friend's birthday at Hard Rock. Good lunch. So evening, I start cooking dinner when I hear them coming through the door. Hubby walks right into the kitchen for a hug and kiss & then blurts out "Argggghh, tak leh tahan my sister. She talked non-stop from the time we got into the car till the time we reached home. Pening. Pening." (and the journey took only three hours).

Then he leaves to check his mail on the laptop, read the political blogs, the news and such. Then the sister pulak walks into the kitchen and goes "How can you stand your husband ah? Asyik nak angin jer. Sikit-sikit nak marah" and she goes on to tell me how he chided her for certain things. All I could do was just to smile. Suddenly I am aunt agony to both of them. Expecting the MIL to walk in any time soon to complain about her two children but I think she was busy nursing her headache after the journey. Dinner, a Panadol and sleep helped solve that problem.

So.... all it took was one three hour drive for them to realise each other's shortcomings?? Live with it, I told them. They are siblings after all, its not like you can block them or unlist them like how we can in Facebook kan??

Next family trip, I am packing the I-Pod!!

No comments: