20090416

second lap round the track

Day 2 started out early. Sleep came as soon as head & pillow made contact the previous night. All the Pilates & pretzels twisting didn't make me as worn out as that. Just a little before 6am, was awaken by bolts of lighting & a rumble of thunder in the distance. Oh boy...here goes.

Got out of bed, spent an hour or so (okaylah, not really an hour maybe less) to doll up for work. Had a quick breakfast with the daughter before sending her off to school. Might as well head for work as it's pouring, so my crystal ball tells me there's gonna be a crawl somewhere or maybe even an accident or two. Took a slow drive & my prophecy came true... hmm, maybe i should just be a psychic or psycho.

Reached the office early, went to a nearby kopitiam to have a cuppa. Cool morning. Nice... Took the stairs instead of the lift to the office on the 5th.. Part two of work continues. Gotta make a couple of calls to the offices in other parts of the country to get some stuff I need. Had to introduce myself, tell them what I need. The one girl who decided to test my patience was on the receiving end of my 'niceties'. Hey, before you judge me - all I needed was the bloody logo of the company. It' not like I was asking for her bank account details or something like that.

So being employed for a second day sort of sailed through till it was time to pack up & cabut home. Lesson to be learnt... Must. Give. Boss. Briefs. At. 5pm. Not. 515pm (cos that will only mean I get to leave close to 6pm). Maybe I'll give it a try next week and see if I can get out on time.

Nice weather so anticipating traffic to be smooth. Ahhhh...forgot what it was like to zoom at 100kph. Less than 45mins, I was home free. Managed to fix a quick meal for the daughter & me, I had a pear and later, some milk. Yes, yes must refrain from pigging out. Seems when I am gainfully (pun intended) employed, I eat like a porker. Does working (all I do is sitting my butt, type away at the laptop, surfing for information mind you) make one hungry like endlessly?? Okay, okay I chat in between. I didn't plead to be such a goody-goody kan?

Yeah, day two wasn't so bad after all... Next week, I get to meet the big kahunas. And maybe sit in a meeting with them or make a presentation to them...Oh joy!!

Bee, I tried to hang myself on the taugeh tree but the thing patah lah... I'll try something sturdier in my 'garden'

No comments: