20090615

what do i do if you do what you do?

I never really cared for souvenirs from anyone I know if they are travelling abroad. Unless.... there is something I know I really want and I would rather pay for it than to expect them to get it for me if its pricey. When friends come back from trips and tell me that they couldn't get me anything, I tell them not to sweat over the small stuff. It's not a big deal really..

Why do we feel obligated to buy stuff for the people back home when we are holidaying abroad or in a different state for that matter? When someone finds out you are going somewhere, they are quick to come out with 'Eh jangan lupa ole-ole' or 'kirim ah..'

When I travel, I normally try to get a little something local back for the family. And that is when the headache starts, choosing & picking making sure that they like the stuff I get them. I always go by this principle - buy something that I myself like so if they don't take a liking to it and goes all 'hmm, ahhh' I'll just keep it for myself, thank you.

Friends, well you can only have too many key chains or fridge magnets right?? (No, bee, it's not your selepar. jangan terasa. example jer...). But when someone comes back with something that makes me go 'hmm, ahh' though not out loud, I can only wonder what's going on up there. Not only the souvenirs stuff but birthday pressies or any pressies.. when I get stuff that I am sure I am never seen wearing or using, I am like 'bila pulak aku nak pakai benda alah ni?'. So I normally end up keeping it for a while till I find someone who may need it more than I or it just vanishes during one of my spring cleaning sessions.

So, really. Go, have a good time, don't sweat it if you don't come back with mementos for your friends or colleagues. But if you do come back with something for me, I never say no. Whilst someone I know is pondering whether to go to the fashion's capital some time soon, maybe I'll compile a list of my wish-list just in case. Hint, hint, Chanel, hint, hint, Hermès, hint hint.... vous remercier mon cher ami

3 comments:

bosscat said...

ok la.. masa i come right.. i bawak something from PG.. maybe err... some PG t shirt or PG magnet or ahh... maybe PG nutmeg...

don't you say no to PG nutmeg... lol

plain jane said...

can change ah. tak mau nutmeg mau jeruk mangga kat chowrasta market. i got pg magnet dah - beli kat pasar malam feringghi. ;D

bosscat said...

oh.. jeruk mangga ah? ok ok.. i beli kasi u.. kalau we tak jumpa.. lu kasi ambik from aunty buzz... :D