20090326

marley & me

First, read then book then watched the movie. What can I say?? That dog is so adorable. Yes, when a novel is being made into a movie a huge part of the story is compromised / altered to fit the ninety minutes (or whatever the duration of the movie is). In most cases, reading the book is way better than watching the movie. Case in point - The DaVinci Code (I still can't get over Tom Hank's hair in this one. Let's hope the stylist did a better job in Angels & Demons), P.S I Love You (the movie was soooo very disappointing). The only book I am thankful that they made into a movie & a damn good one at that was Lord of the Rings 'cos I couldn't get past page two without nodding off.

Marley & Me - the book was a good read, I laughed aloud, smiled & even felt a sting of tear in my eye especially when he got old & eventually died. I was looking forward to watching the movie simply for the dog. Not so much for Jennifer Aniston or Owen Wilson, really. But I must say they were pretty good supporting actors to the dog...



How to resist 'clearance puppy' when he looks at you like that?

No comments: