20090312

BFM

While driving just a couple of hours ago, this cabbie cut in front of me. It was a slow crawl on a rainy evening, so it didn't really get on my nerves. The ad at the back of the car got me smiling though.

The last time my masseuse over for my massage session, she was telling me how she was getting kutuk 'kaw-kaw' simply for being orang Melaka; the state that conferred datukship to Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan. All because our friend shot part of his movie in Melaka & helped promote the state and boost tourism. Eh?

So next we'll have the following being conferred datukship as well - Jessica Alba, Catherine Zeta Jones, Sean Connery, Ben Stiller & maybe even Jean Smart; either for shooting part of their movie in our country or even mentioning it.

What do you think of the message in the picture below?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to say that the datukship nowadays not valuable, people can easily get their datukship doing nothing for the country eg. shah rukh khan (shooting je?)...if like this la kan, who knows maybe can get datukship with my ISO1992 skills? :))

plain jane said...

eh mana ada do nothing. dia dok buat movie, lari keliling pokok melaka main cak-cak sambil nyanyi "tumpahnya pasir". berjasa untuk negeri melaka tu...

hang nanti nama apa lak - dato tuty sotong?

thewisekid said...

Melaka oh Negeri Melaka
Tempat tumpah darah kita
[btol ke tuh the state anthem???]

rely on my hometown to give out crappy datukship!!!

and i too was shocked when i saw BFM on the cab!
&!@*&!&#^%^#!&*

my verification word today: minica!
emmphh... MINI car?

plain jane said...

ala sedih lah, my mini car belum sampai lagi. still tengah kira my duit satu sen to put as deposit. lol....