20100512

the sign

Of late, the hubby has been telling me stories about how his friends are taking on spouse number 2. One guy it seems, took on a 'GRO' from a neighboring country much to his brethren's disapproval simply cos they've been there done that (if you get what I mean)...

Then just last week, he told me something that quite surprisingly took me even, by surprise. No, no he didn't add-on a family member to our present one. A colleague in his company did. Although a bit surprised, but I didn't think much about it. Until the hubby told me who no 2 is. First he asked me to guess. A name came to mind but I didn't want to speculate. So I just told him to dish out the dirt. Seems, I was right all along. He married the secretary. Go figure!!

So anyways seems the guy dropped the bomb (or more like the shiate!!) to number 1 yesterday to which her reaction was... You guessed it!! She freaked out!! She called everyone she could think of to verify his claim. Of course men being men would normally deny all knowledge. To cut a long story short, the whole office knows about this drama & it's adding a bit of spice to their mundane daily paper-pushing job.

But anyways, the hubby was also saying how it was funny that he was now addressing no 1 by name and no longer 'my Mrs. or my wife'. I tell him that maybe that's how it is. I asked the hubby then how he addresses me to his friends. He replies "My wife or my Mrs." I told him probably it's to stop further interrogation as in when the guy says 'my wife' to which the reply could only be 'which one?'. So wouldn't it be easier to just address them by the name, short & sweet, no? Well, one of the signs a woman can tell that she has been demoted from Home Minister, I suppose. Here in the office, we refer to them as Part 1, 2, 3 or 4...

Then I was telling the hubby about his sister's reaction if she ever found out that she had been demoted. Seems she would simply file for a divorce and take all the kids with her. Hubby was curious about how my reaction would be. I simply told him 'I would make your life a living hell.' And stupidly he asked me "You don't sayang me anymore ah?" to which I could only say "Well, if you do something stupid & think with your d!(k, then no I don't sayang you anymore" & he could only laugh out loud.


2 comments:

zewt said...

your man may be testing water... hmmmm....

plain jane said...

probably kan? dip dip the toe see how ya? test lah, still water don't think no buaya. sekali kena ngap baru padan ngan muka dia!!