20100516

MCP & me

If there is one thing that really irks me is an MCP male.

Just this afternoon, I had a lunch gathering with some friends from high school. So I asked this guy where his missus was cos back then I liked her. She was friendly and jovial, well a nice person. Seems they were high school sweethearts and now married with 2 kids or 3, I don't know. So anyways, to answer my question he very calmly replied "Woman stay at home lah.." facial expressions and all. I was quite taken aback, I thought he was joking. So I asked him "Sorry? You serious?"

"Ya lah, woman should stay at home what when the husband wants to go out with his friends." came the reply. I was irritated but kept my comments to myself. I didn't know him all too well though I was probably giving him the benefit of the doubt (of what, I do not know).

Then a couple of us started talking and another guy was just commenting how he had to travel the night before from up north so that he could have lunch with us. Lucky, he says to have had his wife drive all the way back while he slept. Mr.MCP went "Hah? How can you let your wife drive? You don't let a woman drive..."

What??? Again I bit my tongue. Then another husband and wife team arrived and said their hellos as they settled for small talk and food. Once again, the question on MCP's wife came up. And not learning his lesson, MCP gave the same reply.

Enough!! I was irritated beyond anything. I gave him an earful on his jakun thoughts and although he tried to change the topic I refused to budge. The others who were around us couldn't help but laugh and advised him to make any such remarks anymore.

Needless to say, he is not in my 'people I look forward to meeting & having a chat with', come next get-together.

No comments: