20100429

do not judge...

A person just by speaking to them over the phone or the exchange of emails. Or can you? Are you able to tell what kind of person you are dealing with simply by exchanges of conversation via email or over the phone? Are you able to do so just by hearing that person's voice?

A couple of weeks back they had a topic of conversation on radio - how not to judge a person simply by listening to the person's voice. A sweet voice does not guarantee a looker. Well, not to be judgmental but I recently had a similar experience. I spoke to this person over the phone & the voice sounded so sweet & pleasant. When I actually got the chance to meet this person, well let's just say it was not what I expected. But all in all, I found the person to be extremely charming.

So anyways, the PA to one of the Directors (lives in the Land Below the Wind) of the place I work made me out to be a sweet charming person. We haven't met yet, not during the entire shy-of-1-year, I have worked with this person. I asked the PA how the assumption came about. Seems, the person deduced it from speaking to me over the phone (numerous times) & the emails I sent.

When we finally get to meet, I wonder if this person is in for a shock? But then again, I can be terribly pleasant and sweet when I want to be. Better practice smiling 'cos I have been told one time too many that I don't smile enough...

What a bummer!!

2 comments:

~catbee~ said...

...i think, i'll make an awesome phone-sex careline girl!

LOL

yea, off the topic...i know!

plain jane said...

yeah, i bet. for a good time, call 1800.. what's the number already? :P