20100409

dear aunt...

I may have once too many times come across as an unsympathetic listener. I'm probably a good listener - yes, I hear you; I nod when I need to; I 'hmm' at the right cues'; I smile or tsk at the right juncture... I seem to do fine. Until they ask me my opinion & for what it's worth I say it as I see it.

Well, they DID ask. So was it wrong to give? Or it might be probably due to the fact that what they said or did that I somehow disagreed with. So there...

But what I can't comprehend is the whining & going on and on and on and on about something they are unhappy about. I always believe life is about choices. To do something good. To do something bad. To screw up. To do good.

Whatever you decide, whatever you do; accept the outcome & repercussions. Take responsibility for your actions. If your hands are tied & there is only so much you can do about the situation, bite your tongue, suck it in & ride the waves, tides, tsunami & all. If you are in a position to better it, stick to your guns, stand your ground & just do it.

But don't come crying to me & whining & boo-hooing about how unfair life is and in the process confuse me, you & the whole wide world. Want to rant & let steam out? Blog or write in your journal? Not the writing kind, get in the car, drive like an asshole, blast your stereo & blurt expletives in every language that you know. It helps. Done it before. But just so you know, I'm limited to four languages.

So there, who's next to confess their hearts contents to me?? I'm LISTENING.... & waiting to give you my unsolicited advise.

1 comment:

zewt said...

agreed, except for the driving like a bastard part.