20100417

of poly & mono

I have always hated it when men talk about the right to practicing polygamy especially Muslim men and they always use the Holy Prophet (pbuh) citing that they are merely following his example. I don't understand how is it that they can only single out that one single characteristic & not the other honorable traits that the Holy Prophet (pbuh) had.

So anyways, I'm not entirely against polygamy. If the other half wants to go sow his seeds elsewhere, why should I be the one to stop him. But I have set my T&C and until and only until after he has fulfilled each and everyone one of them (and then some), just point me the dotted line and I'll sign away like there's no tomorrow.

Then certain rules come into effect, to which I am at discretion (sole discretion) to change /amend / rescind as I please. But many a men whom I have spoken to disagree strongly with my 'condition'. They say that it is required in the religion that I have to consent if the hubby can afford (in more ways than one). Hey, does it also say in the religion that I have to be stupid and not protect my kid'[s and my interest?

I mean, I am not judging men who have more than one other half. But to me, it is nothing more than creating problems for yourself. But then again if you want to dig a big hole & bury yourself in a pile of shit, well what else can we say... Just keep us out of the sewers, thank you very much.

Is my other half being 'gatal' and wanting to create an extended family? Not that I know of at this point of time. But then again, he says he would be signing his death warrant if he ever did that. He says that I am a nut case waiting to be unleashed & he's not willing to be the person letting loose 'Jekyll Jane'

No comments: