20090702

when they collide...

What happens when two people who have known each other and been friends for eternity have a misunderstanding, albeit over a petty issue?

One is truthful and says things as how she sees it. The other wants to hear just what she wants to hear and dismisses the rest.

One is there to be the shoulder to cry on and lends an ear no matter how many times a day the other calls. The other just wants to cry on that shoulder ten times a day and wants everything to revolve around her.

So one minor issue, exchange of not so pleasant words, then silence. For what seemed the longest time. Shoulder was kind of glad to be dry for a while. Don't know how the other party was handling it.

Then on Shoulder's birthday, she received an SMS. Another exchange of unpleasantries and they parted ways.

So, at one glance I felt it was a waste of the many years of friendship and closeness they enjoyed. But would I play peacemaker again? I don't think so.

As much as I love them both, I feel that this is between them. I don't want to take sides and I believe that they are adults who should be able to do what they feel is best. Shoulder has spoken to me and I respect her decision. The other one hasn't called me but I doubt she will. She doesn't seem to see me as someone she can confide in. I might just probably give her my two cents worth as harshly if not worse than Shoulder.

This happened once. And it's happening again. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

No comments: