20090704

especially for me

I threw caution to the wind & went for an informal 'interview' two days back. A friend forwarded me this job ad which was looking for early childhood teacher.

For all that I am perceived to be, I am actually a person who loves kids and working with them. I simply love their honesty. So, I went and had a casual chat with the MD of the center. We spoke like we were old chums, had a couple of laughs.

What's interesting about this job though is it involves children with special needs. She warned me that it's gonna be very challenging and my patience will indeed be put to test. As I am still contractually employed which will end October this year, I suggested to do it on a voluntary basis once a week.

Never have I been more excited about a job than this. I actually SMS-ed her yesterday to ask if they do require my services. And boy was I pleased when she said they'd be more than happy to have me there. I have a good feeling about this & am so looking forward to it.

I have been in various industries in the corporate sector. After a close to three year hiatus, I took on the temp employment just to warm up & get my groove back. But half way into it, I realized that I have had enough of it. The back-stabbing, politicking, chasing deadlines... Now I just want to be doing what I want to do and not what I need to.

Will I be able to do it? Truth be told, I don't know. Will I enjoy it? Yes, I don't know what is gonna be in store for me and I truly do not know what to expect. I have worked with kids before but not the ones with special needs. I don't know if I am cut out for this but I am gonna give it a shot. The hubby doubts that I would be able to handle this and probably that this is what I am meant to be doing.

But nevertheless I am just gonna do it, learn and see where it takes me. Working with children has always been something I am very passionate about and thus far have not had the opportunity to do so. Maybe I am being rash and jumping into this. But I am taking it one step at a time & with all my heart hope and know that this is the one...

So looking forward to Thursday. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: