20090227

to pedigree or not to pedigree

As my favourite time of the year approaches, I am sitting & compiling the documents (income statement, receipts, etc etc etc). Then I look through my insurance documents & start poring over the benefits and what it covers.

So I was looking at my home insurance plan & realise that I am not adequately protected and need to make the changes on the next renewal. So I call my agent & we start yakking on the phone. And I learn that I need to extend the cover to Worldwide Personal Effects & Valuable (ie coverage outside of the home) & am pondering on Worldwide Personal Liability (if one of you visit me & my cat bites you and you decide to sue me for insufferable pain knowing how drama some of my friends can be).


So anyways, my agent tells me 'Eh, your pedigree also can cover you know in case of accidental death.'

Me: Pedigree, meaning they need a cert right?
Him: Ya
Me: Alamak, like that ah. Mine got no cert but behave like a pedigree
Him: Yalah, lifestyle of the rich & famous mah
Me: Ya, ya my cat not us.

See I have this cat who is like in his sunset age already & he is the bratiest of the brats. Behaves like royalty but in actual fact is a mix of Persian (me thinks) & some horny kucing kampung. Eats only special diet which is only available at vets that cost a bomb (and he's like eating every other hour); use special litter 'cos we live in an apartment & don't want the whole place to stink which also costs a bomb; insists on sleeping with some part of his fat body on our carpet although he has his own blankie & must have company when he's eating.


Make no mistake, I am not exactly a cat person (I don't like them brushing against my leg - gelilah) but this one I am attached to. When he's away for boarding ke, we kind of miss having something to irritate or just to call out. So certificate or no, he's still our royal pain in the butt....

4 comments:

thewisekid said...

i takut kuching ok!!
like you, my Dex is the ONLY cat i can tolerate, pat, sleep with, etc!

if you think yours is the bratiest of the brats, Dex is uber-diva ok!
uber-EUNUCH diva!

and he eats every 15mins!
what's your brat called?
maybe one day DivaDex should meet your King of AllBrats!;)

plain jane said...

we named him mika after the hakkinen sbb masa dia kitten dulu suka sangat tengok f1 tengok dok tepuk2 the cars tu as they zoom by.

correction, we refill his bowl every one hour. makan i think everytime he is not getting his beauty sleep.

ahaha, sama2 eunuch

matdene said...

Hahahaha!!! I miss Mika though, lol.

plain jane said...

yeah daniel, i bet mika misses you too seeing his sexual orientation towards the wrong kind. :) and especially terrorizing you or uncle to brush him till HE is satisfied!!

don't think he is too fond of your crazy sister....