20090216

a rose by any other name

while on the way to breakfast this morning, the hubby & i were listening to the radio. an ad came on where one guy calls the other guy bro. as some of you may know by now of the unintelligible conversations the hubby & i have sometimes. so this ensued...

me: bro, bro. i don't get it. why do men have to have each other as bro, dude? and i don't get when girls call each other dude. what's that about
him: okay what bro, dude
me: what's worse is men calling each other beb
him: why? what's wrong with that
me: its just so wrong. it's more suitable to call a girl babe/beb
him: its not mat saleh babe lah, its melayu beb
me: what is melayu beb?
him: orang johor panggil kawan beb. pahal beb, wa tak kisah beb (in that annoying tone)... beb tu cam member lah. you know, kawan?
me: then kenapa tak panggil mem/maam jer?
him: (laughs) funny lah you...

one thing's for sure, communication ain't dead in this marriage!!

No comments: