20081126

i am upstairs

hear ye, hear ye - people who know me well enough. i want you to give me your honest opinion (please disregard my answer in the previous post re whether i can handle the truth) - am i really upstairs or atas? for them ill-informed, it means uppity.

i have had a couple of remarks that seem to say 'wah, you so atas. pandang banyak tinggi'. i mean i appreciate the finer things in life that money can buy but i can be comfortable in a pair of shorts that i bought in wh or reject shop. and note that appreciate means doesn't mean i want i buy terus ah. sometimes say only want but cannot get also. what is it they say in the secret, if you want it so bad... my hubby buat bodoh jer... pretend like there's a buzzing in his ear.

last week, accompanied my sis-in-law to the tailors. i was sitting quietly helping the sis to pick out materials to make baju kurung. then i eyed this gorgeous cotton material, which i wanted for myself lah. then at the end of it when it came to paying - the seamstress (ct) said my material is the most expensive.

me: next time, cakap lah '(my name) kain yang awak pilih nie mahal' (next time, tell me '(my name) the material you picked out is expensive')
ct: alah, your mata pandang very atas one, ada kelas (you have an eye for expensive items, got class)
me: tch!!

maybe next time i should just look at the floor and not at anything beyond my eye level. ha ha

then yesterday i was with my agent booking for flights & hotel to my upcoming trip to an island down south. a friend tagging along didn't want to fly on mana ada system (mas lah tu) cos the tix was close to a thousand buckaroos. she said she would check with jetstar for cheaper fares. i initially thought okaylah, i'd fly with her on the budget airline but after trying to get the correct times & fare (not helping is the fact that the stupid server also was dead slow); i told the agent to go ahead with the earlier plans cos i don't want to lose the confirmation & end up not being able to get tix on either carrier. you know what my agent said?? 'aiya, don't bother with the budget airline lah, you so atas.'

erk? now what did i say? it has happened numerous times people remarking aiya don't bother lah, you so atas. we can't afford you..

my house got no stairs leh, how to be atas?

No comments: