20080731

i kissed a girl and i liked it....

the song by katy perry 'i kissed a girl & i liked it' - caught it on air uncensored for about twice until the supremos at the local radio stations realised what the song advocated. so now there are two versions of the same song played on our airwaves - "i tsked a girl and i liked it" and "i kissed a - and i liked it". so the question is, why bother playing the song at all. they can probably censored / alter that one sentence but the rest of the song still sends the same message.

many a times, some genius comes up with songs that contains lyrics that are either demeaning (normally to the women) or just downright stupid. and equally sad when the young kids are singing these latest hits away without realising what it means.

my humps (black eyed peas) - they say I'm really sexy, the boys they wanna sex me. they always standing next to me, always dancing next to me, tryin' a feel my hump, hump. lookin' at my lump, lump. you can look but you can't touch it, if you touch it i'ma start some drama, you don't want no drama, no, no drama, no, no, no, no drama. so don't pull on my hand boy, you ain't my man, boy, i'm just tryn'a dance boy, and move my hump. my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump. my lovely lady lumps (lumps) my lovely lady lumps (lumps) my lovely lady lumps (lumps) in the back and in the front (lumps) my lovin' got you.....

when i grow up (pussycat dolls) - when I grow up i wanna be famous , i wanna be a star, i wanna be in movies, when i grow up i wanna see the world, drive nice cars i wanna have boobies, when i grow up i wanna see me on tv, people know me, be on magazines, when i grow up fresh and clean number one chick, wanna step out on the scene....


call me a party pooper but some kids learn how to speak & understand a language by listening to songs. me & people as young as me (*smirk*) were lucky to be listening to the beatles, elvis presley, the osmonds, jackson five, james brown, sharifah aini, sudirman, p.ramlee, etc.... they gave us music that can be literally said to be food of the soul. how many kids these days know who the fab four is & can identify their hits. save for the recent release of 'across the universe' - many may not know of the treasures created at abbey road.

i do admit there are some good artistes these days who churn out some good music but honestly, ten years from now how many of them will still be considered a worthy song? tell me, how many of you out there still remember the lyrics of madonna's like a virgin or vogue (considered a big hit in their time). and you there (yes the same ones), how about the beatles imagine or let it be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dats why at times i'd choose kitaro or enigma...tak yah lyrics all, just music...pure symphony!