20100302

Cue - DEAD!!

She's got this huge presentation coming up tomorrow. Nervous, she is. She may the victim of abuse & 'rotten eggs'. It's never easy when it comes to HR benefits for the staffs.

We've been working on the materials for what seems like eternity now. A gazillion changes have been made, whether it's just "the", "a", "in" & what-nots. I'm short of pulling out all my hair and going crazy.

Did a 'mock' presentation. Just couldn't keep my big fat mouth shut. Told her the presentation was kinda boring what with her just reading it off. So she goes home & thinks about it for a good half a day. The next day, I get a message from her - 'after giving it much though, u r right. i shouldn't be readinf for the text. since you have the materials, you can do the bullet form for me'

Sigh!! When will I ever learn. So come Monday morning, I am now condensing the 12 pages long into like 3 pages. She reads. She makes changes. Don't see much difference from the text just maybe 'the', 'and', 'is' are probably missing. So yeah, from 12 to probably 11 pages. That's condensed. For. Her.

Then she wants to highlight the parts where she has to look up at the slide show. And I have to mark in her notes to cue her when to look up at the screen or maybe make eye contact with the directors & possibly wink at the Group Accountant. Or probably drop dead.

Imagine. Director. Yet. The process of getting ready for a presentation. By now I have memorized everything that I might as well do the bloody presentation. But then, I ain't no director. Now, where are my cue cards???

No comments: