20100308

alice in underland

Caught the movie yesterday with the daughter, the 3D version. I thought the movie was alright. It leaves you with a sense of deja vu like you've seen this before. The closet full of fur coats that leads to another land where animals talk, the lion, the ice queen, the centaur.. Yep. That movie.

Not what I expected from the Burton-Depp-Bonham Carter team. After Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Alice sort of fell short.

And it's not the Wonderland we grew up to. Seems it's not wonderland, it's Underland. Alice being the pelat child she was couldn't pronounce Underland and it ended up as Wonderland. Wonderland. Underland. Same difference.

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. Adorable. Me love... He never disappoints. Or maybe I'm just biased.

Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen. Pure evil. There's something about 'em villains that I find intriguing. Me like... Yes. I am weird like that. Off with their heads!! (If only I could use this in my everyday conversation)

Anne Hathaway as the White Queen. Kind of freaky. Not my cup of tea


Mia Wasikowska as Alice. Err, no comments. Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts. Eerie. Matt Lucas as Tweedledee & Tweedledum. It's like watching Little Britain. All in all, I did not LOVE the movie. It was alright, I suppose.

Like Chindy quotes, might as well spend the moolah on Ramly Burger & air tebu...

Oh well, till Ironman 2 then.

No comments: