20091031

life's a bitch...

I haven't been following my friend's blogs for a while now. Just spent the last hour going through Zewt's (pretty hilarious stuff here), Shienna's and then some. Shienna posted a blog whining about the sucky week she had. To cut a long story short, I left a comment that at times she has to be a bitch although it may seem a real tough and unpopular thing to do. You hold back on your bitchy comments, you'll end up sucking it all up and just being sore and whiny about it. You lash out and give your two cents worth, suddenly they wish you dead.

Some people call it being a bitch, some people call it saying it as it is, some people call it being one tough cookie. But I suppose there are times and situations that calls for it. I have a reputation of being a bitch with mulut laser.

I for one, CANNOT in capital letters tolerate stupidity among other things. And sure as hell may be, there is definitely one ignoramus in every organization. And sure enough, some where along the way they cross my path, tick me off and are left with not so fond memories of me.

Case 1 - She's the PA or something like that to the GM of the Retail sector in the place I worked. Some important meeting was scheduled to which her boss was the organizer. My boss was supposed to attend the meeting so I asked for the details from the PA. Meeting was about to start in about 1hour and I call her to check the venue of the meeting and if her boss was already in. She tells me she will check and call me back. Ten minutes later she calls me and mumbles something about her not knowing where her boss is so cannot check venue and some other nonsense that I really have no time for. I asked if she has actually answered my questions to which she said "No". So I asked her why she bothered to call me when she didn't have the information I needed & told her to only call me if she had the answers or something useful to say; otherwise don't bother. Needless to say she ran & complained to her boss. Well you know the drill - her boss complained to my boss.

Case 2 - Never in my life had I come across such a pain in the arse (to which I am sure she felt the same about me)...She gossips and bitches about everyone and gets the bosses to give in just by crying and complaining that she was bullied. Needless to say I got called a few times by the boss simply to be told to stop bullying her. Since when telling people to do the work how you want it done is bullying?? It was so easy to make her cry or pout that my evil twin and I once had a competition (out of boredom & sheer evilness) on who could make her cry the most in one week. Loser buys winner lunch. That was the best week of the entire 2 years I was with this organization.

Case 3 - The bosses want to make a trip to Uzbek but their schedules are tight and trip had to be put on hold simply because visa application takes about a week and they couldn't afford their passports being held for so long. Then boss #2 asks me about the visa application for Uzbek as he thought that the trip is gonna happen in the next month. I check with the big kahuna and he says that its not happening this year as they have their calendars scheduled right up to this year end. So I send B#2 a message and say the trip is not happening any time this year and thus will not be submitting application for visa to Uzbek. The same morning B#2's secretary mails me with the same query as her boss. Just as I am about to reply her mail, she calls me asking the same thing. So I repeat the same answer, the trip is not happening bla bla bla... only to have her ask me "So we not going to apply visa ah?" I told her "You feel you want to apply, you submit lah"

A couple of days back during a working lunch with some colleagues, one of them told me "Eh, you don't take so much chilli you know". I ask him why. His reply "Orang sudah mulut laser, if makan cili banyak nanti lagi laser. Pedasssss..." And he's not even in the same building with me. He works all the way in the east coast.

And now I'll just wait to be summoned by the boss just to have him tell me to stop bullying people again....

Sigh, life indeed is a bitch ain't it??

5 comments:

zewt said...

cry and the boss will give in? what kinda boss is that??!!?

plain jane said...

zewt - ni lah orang yang telur-less and bola-less...

plain jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chindiana said...

eh you dont read my blog anymore? ~sob~

hehe. nice ride though.... red somemore....

bosscat said...

omg... hahaha.. are u working at somekind of MNC or just some kampung or something?

hahaha.. damn funny la...