20091224

she did it!!

Woke up this morning bright & early. It was quiet & still as I got ready to shower & get dressed for work. Three more hours & we'll know the results.

As I was getting ready, the hubby stirred as he slowly slithers out of bed to get ready for our daily ritual of having breakfast before I go off to work. Then we hear the daughter waking up and getting ready for shower. Hmmm, she's up early. Did I wake her up, he asks. No, I reply. Maybe she's anxious about her results.

No matter, the dad is bringing her to school to take the results. I have been excused. She didn't think it necessary for me to be there, to add on to the anxiety I suppose. 10am comes, okay... results are out.

10.30am, my phone rings with a familiar tune. It's the hubby's number. Oh dear, I can hear my heart thumping out loud. I say hello in a slow voice (which is so unlike me). I hear the daughter on the other end. "Ma, I got 8As!!"

I scream, cry & laugh all at once!! Oh dear God, this was soooooo unexpected. Not that I doubted her ability but she said the BM & Science were tough. This is indeed a pleasant surprise. The dad & I are sooooo proud of her & for the rest of the day, cannot stop smiling. I thank her for this wonderful gift & tell her that I love her.

Okay time for rewards - father gets a new set of irons, mother gets a new handbag & daughter gets a holiday next year (& probably the good ole moolah).

I'm still smiling. Two more years & I'll go through this again. Ahhh, the joy of being parents!!!

2 comments:

zewt said...

wow... your daughter is in Form 3 already eh? :P

plain jane said...

ya lah...sigh how time flies