20091120

berry berry bad...

Have you ever wondered how we would get by a day without our mobile phones? How many of us can actually survive without the mobile phone?

Some time back (prior to my employed status) I used to go out without tugging along my mobile. Yes, I know its called a mobile for a reason but hey, it's my life!! A quick dash out for lunch or just jalan-jalan cuci mata, I'd come back to probably a couple of messages and occassionally a missed call.

And now in employment, I have to bring my BB everywhere!! And I found out the dire consequence of leaving it behind even just for a second.

Two weeks back, there was a company event. After the set-up and running around in the morning, I made a quick dash to my hair-dressers to get my hair & make-up done. Like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, I kept bugging them to hurry up & sounded very much like "Quick, quick, I'm late! I'm late!"

I was supposed to be back at the hotel at 530pm. 500pm I'm still on the other side of town. I drive like crazy in the rain and reach the hotel in time. Then as I am driving, I am thinking that I hear my BB but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Ahhhh, screw it!! I reach the ballroom, grab my things, make a 100m dash in my 5inches Giuseppe. And as I am running, I hear "Why didn't you answer your phone?" and as I am running I'm screaming "I would if I can find it".

I grab a colleague, give him my car keys and ask a favor of him to search for the effing BB. He searches, comes back and tells me "Errr, I called your number. You left it at the hair salon".

"Effing ef...ah, screw that. See if you can call them again and ask them to send it here. I'll pay for the cab fare"

No such luck. They are not answering my phone. (Must have locked it in the drawer for safe keeping or something). Tried calling my hubby but he's in the foulest of moods & not effing answering my calls. Oh well, the show must go on.

Next day - Sunday later in the noon I go by the salon to pick up my BB. What am I faced with? 18 missed calls, forgot how many BB instant messaging & a barrage of messages. And what? I only left it for 5 hours.

What would happen if I left it behind for a good whole day?? I shudder just by the thought of it.

2 comments:

plain jane said...

shant said what??

plain jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.