20091112

calling all angels...

Have you ever been in a situation where you are at a mall or at a restaurant where you already got the stuff you wanted to buy or finished your meal, then realise that you have no purse, no money?

I got into that situation a while back. The daughter & I went for dinner at a nice little bistro, cafe or whatchacallit. We order our food & the guy behind the counter is calling out the orders to the kitchen. They are preparing the food as the cashier is punching the amount into the cash register.

I reach into my bag to take out my purse to pay. Rummage, rummage, rummage - purse not there. I peek into the bag and calmly shift through my check-books, keys and what-nots that I have in my bag. Purse still not there... I ask the daughter "Where's my purse?"

"Err, I don't know" comes the reply...

"Shit!! Where the eff is it?"

"Alamak dik, I tertinggal my purse lah. Kat rumah kot. Do you take checks?" (stupid question yes I know but hey...)

He smiles...

"I'll just make a quick dash & bring my purse from home. I'll leave my daughter here" (bad mother? hmmmm???)

So I brave the horrible jam to make it home & back to the eatery in effing 30 minutes (which would normally take me less than 10) only to realise that my purse is neither in the car, nor the house and obviously not in the bag. I'm cursing, I'm swearing & I'm hoping I didn't drop it somewhere.

To cut a long story short, I went back to the place, paid for my meals, ate my non crispy toasted sandwich and drank my already cold hot latte.

This time, the place was near to the house. What if this happened somewhere in town where it would take me an eternity to get home & back (anything that involves driving more than half an hour is an eternity to me)?

Do I have friends I can call and say "Hey, I'm stuck here with no moolah to settle my bills. Can you do me a favor & come by to pay?"??

Reveal thyself and I shall put you on my speed-dial.

3 comments:

zewt said...

perhaps it is a divine opportunity to drive around in your new ride :P

bosscat said...

you can always count on me... LOL

plain jane said...

zewt - not when there is a freaking jam

bosscat - all the way from upstairs?? :)