20121031

the truth about friendship

i never believed in this bff stuff - best friends forever. can any two persons remain best friends forever? unless forever means a couple of years or when times are good. so i'll just stick with good or dear friends, thank you very much.

see there are three ladies who have been friends for quite a while. there's me and the other two, we'll just  call them a & b.

a & b have this 'weird' relationship. why weird? i don't know i suppose cos a finds it absolutely necessary to call or email b almost everyday to talk about stuff. family, work, kids, stuff. b is accommodating enough to listen to a. oh such patience. and they can argue about the silliest things. now a and i are also friends but she doesn't call me like how she does b. as a matter of fact, i haven't spoken to her in a very long long time. and if she does call me like how she does b and tells me every single detail of what she's eating or doing, i may probably tell her to eff off. do i really need to know all the irrelevant stuff

now b & i have a whole different level of friendship. we don't call each other every day. actually we only chat via gtalk. we don't have to spill out all the details, yet we know what the other means. i suppose we are on the same wave-length.

i have had friends who claim to be my bff but now have disappeared. i mean yeah they are still my friend on facebook and i get the occasional invite for the kids' birthday do or raya, but that's about it. so simply put, i really don't need friends like that. let's just leave them as sunshine friends.

i have only but  few friends whom i hold very dear to me. to them, they just need to know that i am always here for them if they need me. i don't need to be expressing my undying 'bff-ness' to them. i have been told that i am brutally honest. so i tell them, as a friend and one who cares for you, i will tell you what you need to hear and not what you want to hear. if you tell me you want my opinion, i will give it and it is entirely up to you to accept or otherwise. if you tell me you just need an ear, i will just listen and keep my mouth shut. not very complicated. and of my friends, i suppose i would expect the same             

2 comments:

bellanomore said...

SO VERY TRUE. GOOD BLOG.

Aleksandra Wądołowska said...

Hey, great blog :) I invite you to me. you can observe me http://alex-faashion.blogspot.com/