20110131

When Generosity Means Something Else

Just when I thought I knew her long enough, she goes and surprise. And not in the right way.

I have known her more than 10 years. She makes one lousy boss but she made a good friend. She offered to help if I ever needed it & she always offered me a job if she ever thought that I would benefit from it and that I could put my talent to good use.

Little did I expect of how 'insincere' she could be if she chose to.

Rewind to a little over a year ago. She received a gift hamper consisting of food stuffs for Chinese New Year last year. It was meant for all in the company but just because the card had her name on it... So anyways, we thought she would keep it till the Chinese New Year period was over and she would unwrap the hamper and share its contents. Which is what I always do when we get gifts like this.

But, no! It sat there in her room for ONE year & today she decides to give it away. Not throw it away as some food stuffs in the hamper might already have expired. No, she thought it such a waste & gave it away. To whom? The lady who cleans the office. Is she so low that she only deserves a hamper that is one year old?

I wouldn't have minded it so much if she took home when she received it one year ago. Neither would I have minded that it would simply go to waste if she decided to just dump it in the trash today. But to give it to another human being, regardless that she is just working as a cleaner?

I have lost all respect for this 'friend'....

3 comments:

hrmustang said...

i know how that is. and it's tought, i know :( but make sure to still have love for them, somewhere. find one thing to lovea about them, even if it's something as simple as their hair or the way they talk. find one thing to appreciate about them, and go from there.

Anonymous said...

still exist ah this species?
tsk tsk tsk

oi! bila nak date??????

~catwoman~

plain jane said...

hrmustang - neither do i love nor hate her. she's just someone i know and that's as simple as it is.

catwoman - waiting for you lah. when? who? where?