20100203

speak don't speak

A friend asked how I was getting along with my job. I told 'Fine, they just confirmed my position & I got a decent pay raise' (decent enough lah).

Then she asks me the soalan cepumas "But do they really know how you feel about them?" Yeah, what with me ranting and blabbering about their idiosyncrasies especially Super Dino and her new terminologies to the simplest of words.

Thus starts, learn a word a day (or on the days she decides to open her mouth and say something simply stupid). Today's word is "Commute" which in Dino world means "Communiqué".

Mistress Evil Twin tells me Communiqué means to communicate, to speak. Commute means 'Ko Mute' - so shut up. Now it makes senses, its antonym speak.

I'm multi-lingual I tell you - BM, English, smattering of Chinese (good enough to know when people are saying not so nice things), bits and pieces of Tamil, Badak Speaks & Dino/Onion Speaks.

Today's Jalan Bijan is brought to you by the letter C and todays words are Communiqué & Commute...

Isn't learning fun??

No comments: