20090912

and she is back...with a vengeance

Or not....

My poor poor blog, being neglected for so long. As I am typing this, I am clearing the cobwebs that have formed...

Like I said, when I signed the letter of employment I signed my life away. No time for anything else what more my rantings & ravings. Don't know if anyone has been missing me. Nah!! Who am I kidding???

A month or more has come and gone. We have started into the fasting month and almost nearing the end. Raya is about a stone's throw away. Just got back from some shopping - well, the routine kuih raya (anything with ceklat, for the kids), spaghetti (for Laksa Johor) & nasi impit (for Soto Ayam). Well, one good thing is I managed to convert the MIL into using instant nasi impit. Really, who has time to masak the nasi to the consistency of a bubur, then press in the loyang and leave to cool overnight. When life is made easier for you, embrace it I say...

Anyways....one more week before we head back south to celebrate Raya with the hubby's family. But this year is gonna be on a quieter scale. Don't really feel the excitement as yet. And it may probably just pass me by before I realise that it's come and gone.

Back in the days, I used to get excited at the thought of the upcoming festivities when we will balik kampung, meet up with the family, handing out duit raya (which has now become a very expensive affair), the noise, the merriment... I guess as we grow older and the kids are no longer three feet high..it becomes so unexciting. When once I would ensure I got the duit raya changed and packed into the nice little packs, this year I haven't done anything yet. And I am just using whatever notes I can find in my purse. Not bothered with the nice crisp notes yet. Money is money is money, right?

Baju raya? Only for the hubby & for the daughter...I'll just use whatever I can find in my wardrobe. What happened to the fun & anticipation?? When I was much younger, I would so look forward to festivities (regardless of whether I celebrate it or not) 'cos that was the only time we got new clothes, money, ate delicacies specially made for that ocassion. But now...new clothes? Every month, or whenever we see something we fancy. Money? The kids' allowances are even more than what they receive in those green or red little packs.. Specialty food? Ketupat? All year round... Rendang? Anytime, anywhere.. Bunga api, mercun? All we have now are those ridiculous 'pop pop' & 'sparkles'. Boring with a capital B...

Scrooge in the making? I don't know...I try be excited but it's just not happening. Well for me at least...But don't let me dampen your mood for the upcoming festivities. Eat, drink, be merry. And in the next week or so if I don't come back to clear my blog again, here's wishing you a safe & blessed Raya.

Kalau ada silap dan salah (sure ada punyelah), minta maaf banyak-banyak dari hujung rambut sampailah hujung kaki. Yang termakan terminum tu, minta halalkan.

Lepas ni kosong kosong. Tahun depan buat lagi.... :D

1 comment:

zewt said...

same feeling as us celebrating chinese new year.