20100601

Calm after the storm

Two days or technically one night and one day later, I blew my top.

Case 1
I purchased a water purifier dispenser thing. A few calls in an attempt to get the sales person to come view the apartment to make sure the water pressure is okay, the piping and all that crap. She stalled, I gave up. I couldn't be bothered to call to reschedule, and to cut a long story short I ended up buying it after all & installation was supposed to be last Friday.

The guy came, saw and said he needed to do some drilling. Again we had to reschedule as the property has strict rules about drilling works during holidays and weekends and after 5pm. So anyways, we rescheduled to this Friday. Then yesterday, one guy calls me to "oh dear, we need to install by today (yesterday) or tomorrow (today) or else we can't capture the sales for the month of May." How that is my problem is not beyond me seeing that they got my payment. He needed a BIG favor from me to ensure that they could install within the 2 days. No can do. I can't move my stuff around right? I already took leave for Friday as a couple of contractors were coming to do some things.

Then evening as I am having dinner with the family, Mr. Oh Dear calls again, asking if he can come over in an hours time to install. NO. How about tomorrow morning? NO. Tomorrow evening after 6 or 9pm, anytime is fine by us. NO. I asked him 'Which part of NO don't you understand? I have told you 5 times that you cannot come today or tomorrow as I am working and there is no one at home. I have set it for Friday and that is that. Is there a problem?'

I think he may have gone running to the sales person cos she tried calling me but couldn't get through. So she SMS-ed me with a solution. Fine, come to the office tomorrow I tell her. How they want to sort out their admin issues is not my effing problem. Don't expect me to move my things around to do them a BIG favor. Unless the unit is for free.

Case 2
A friend had tendered her resignation notice & HR is screwing her. She said she was frustrated talking to them cos they seem to be stupider than stupid. I have many a times told her when dealing with HR, it is better to do so in writing (for proof) as talking would just be hearsay and there's always "No, I didn't say that. It wasn't me". Did she listen? Nope. I just got bloody irritated, gave her specific instructions on what to do and told her that if she didn't understand, I would go there personally and slap her. She laughed. I told her I wasn't joking.


So mean right? Case 1, he just asked for it kan? Case 2 - tough love.

Okay, okay - much calmer now. Now I am hungry, all this outburst is bad for me...

2 comments:

Tuty Awi said...

kesian your friend yang kena laser ngan u tu...

plain jane said...

kan??